Basic Shotgun: +2 OCV, +1 STUNx, Reduced by Range, Reduced Penetration, Limited Range (40m), Requires Hands: Two-Handed, STR Minimum, Real Weapon
This assumes an "open" choke and combat shot.
Size Damage STR
.410 1d6+1 8
28g 1 1/2d6 9
20g 2d6 10
16g 2d6+1 11
12g 2 1/2d6 12
10g 3d6 13
4g 3 1/2d6 15
Magnum loads add +1 damage class
- 1/2 Choke reduces OCV bonus to +1 but preserves damage for 1 range increment (see Reduced by Range).
- Full Choke reduces OCV bonus to +0 but preserves damage for 2 range increments.
See Reduced by Range limitation for more information about losing damage over range.
- Remove the following limitations: No Range Modifier, Reduced by Range, Reduced Penetration, Limited Range (40m)
- Remove the OCV bonus.
Thus a 12g shotgun is: 2 1/2d6K, +1 STUNx
The primary advantage of sawed-off shotguns is their maneuverability and concealability. The spread pattern does not change all that much. The Concealment modifier for hiding a Shotgun is +4 to +7, depending on its size. Using the standard gauges above, a 4g would be +7, 10-12g +6, 16-20g +5, and 28g-.410 +4. Converting such a weapon to a sawed-off would reduce this modifier. The reduced size allows their use in close combat (even while grabbed) without penalty, much like a pistol.
- Conealment Modifier drops by 2
- STR Min drops by 1
- Mass drops by 25%
- Remove the limitation Required Hands: Two-Handed (-½)
- Weapon size is now "short"
- OCV bonus is reduced to +1 with no choke control