Eclipse Phase is a pen & paper roleplaying game of post-apocalyptic transhuman conspiracy and horror. An "eclipse phase" is the period between when a cell is infected by a virus and when the virus appears within the cell and transforms it. During this period, the cell does not appear to be infected, but it is.
Players take part in a cross-faction secret network dubbed Firewall that is dedicated to counteracting "existential risks" — threats to the existence of transhumanity, whether they be biowar plagues, self-replicating nanoswarms, nuclear proliferation, terrorists with WMDs, net-breaking computer attacks, rogue AIs, alien encounters, or anything else that could drive an already decimated transhumanity to extinction.
The material on this site is presented in accordance with Posthuman Studios guidelines for how their material is to be used.
Your mind is software. Program it.
Your body is a shell. Change it.
Death is a disease. Cure it.
Extinction is approaching. Fight it.
Eclipse Phase is a post-apocalyptic game of conspiracy and horror. Humanity is enhanced and improved, but also battered and bitterly divided. Technology allows the re-shaping of bodies and minds, but also creates opportunities for oppression and puts the capability for mass destruction in the hands of everyone. And other threats lurk in the devastated habitats of the Fall, dangers both familiar and alien. In this harsh setting, the players participate in a cross-faction conspiracy called Firewall that seeks to protect transhumanity from threats both internal and external. Along the way, they may find themselves hunting for prized technology in a gutted habitat falling from orbit, risking the hellish landscapes of a ruined earth, or following the trail of a terrorist through militarized stations and isolationist habitats. Players may even find themselves stepping through a Pandora Gate, a wormhole to distant stars and the alien secrets beyond.
ECLIPSE PHASE: THE SYSTEM
- The original Eclipse Phase system uses a d100/percentile system, with some twists. The rules presented on this site are 100% in support of the Hero System.
- Characters are skill-based, with no classes, so players can customize their team roles and specialize in fields of their choosing.
- A focused set of psi rules enables some characters to enhance their cognitive abilities.
ECLIPSE PHASE: FOR PLAYERS
- Play a role in a secretive and dangerous conspiracy that seeks to save transhumanity.
- Switch your body at will, from genetically modified transhumans to synthetic robotic shells, optimizing your character for specific missions.
- Back up your character's mind and be restored from backup in case of death--a built-in system of "Save points" and functional immortality.
ECLIPSE PHASE: FOR GAMEMASTERS
- A setting custom-built for numerous scenario types, from faction-based intrigues to high-tech dungeon-crawls, from mind-scarring mysteries to dangerous exploration of alien worlds via wormhole gates.
- An eclectic assortment of intriguing factions, from techno-anarchists to future-chasing hypercorps, from soul-trading criminals to uplifted animals.
- A range of NPC antagonists to choose from, including rogue AIs, extreme posthuman factions, standoffish aliens with their own agenda and transhumans infected and transformed by the virulent Exsurgent virus.
ECLIPSE PHASE: CREATIVE COMMONS
- Eclipse Phase is available under the Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
- This gives fans the ability to create and share free Eclipse Phase material. Whether it's homebrew adventures or hacks and remixes of the Eclipse Phase rules--go for it!
ECLIPSE PHASE: AWARDS
Buy It: http://www.amazon.com/Eclipse-Phase-Rob-Boyle/dp/1934857165
- Origins Award for Best RPG of the Year in 2010
- ENnie Awards: Gold for Best Writing, Silver for Best Cover, and Silver for Best Product in 2010